Process For students RETURNING to NCH
Current New College House residents who wish to return to NCH for 2017-18 may do so by applying to return during the 4Year House/Residential Program Process. All students must first fill out the Application and Housing Agreement at https://myhomeatpenn.penn.edu (link is external) (link is external) between January 18 and 23, 2017 at 12pm. Residents must fill the suite during the initial rounds of the process and may pull in non-NCH residents. At least 50% of the suite must be assigned to NCH returning residents. For three-person suites, two residents must be NCH returning residents.
Current residents can apply to earn Priority Points that contribute to their selection lottery numbers. Points are earned as follows:
- Current member of office staff = 5
- Current member of manager staff = 8
- Contributing Member of Traditions Commission = 8
- Contributing Member of Mosaic Collective = 7
- Contributing Member of Action Collective = 7
- Contributing Member of Earth Collective = 7
- Contributing Member of Inquiry Collective = 7
- Active Floor Representative to House Council = 6
- Active House Council E-Board Member = 8
- ITA = 5
- Intramurals = 6
- Family Table host = 3
- Information Desk staff member = 5
The application for priority points will include an opportunity for residents to apply for additional points based on their contributions and engagement in house life not already represented by formal roles in the house.
One point is also awarded to each resident based on the number of years they have lived in NCH, including the current year.
- Complete the Housing Application and Agreement at https://myhomeatpenn.upenn.edu (link is external) (link is external) by 1/23/17 at noon. Each individual student requesting housing for next year must complete this form in individually.
- Complete New College House Room Selection Form. Each roommate GROUP submits one form. All residents in the group must sign the form. This is a paper form that must be turned in at the New College House office (room 105) by 12pm on 1/23/17.
- Submit application for Priority Points by 1/23/17 at noon. This application will be available by online form. (Only NCH residents can apply for Priority Points.)
- Students will be informed via email of their lottery numbers and priority points via email on the evening of 1/23/17.
- Attend NCH Room Selection Events:
a. 1/24/17—2-person and 6-person units
b. 1/25/17—3-person, 4-person and 5-person units
c. 1/26/17—All available units