Recycling Bin Pickup Event
Did you forget to snag a recycling bin during move-in? It's not too late to get your FREE bin! Stop by Facilities and Real Estate Services (3101 Walnut St) on Friday Jan. 29 from 10AM - 4PM to get a free blue recycling bin for your room! Pedestrian entry at 3101 Walnut is accessible across a bridge that leads into the upper lobby of an elevator head-house, where the bins will be.
BEHIND THE LION DANCE
BEHIND THE LION DANCE
Thursday, January 28th
Time: 6-7 p.m. ET
To kick off the Lunar New Year, Penn Lions is co-hosting “Behind the Lion Dance” with the Penn Museum!
To attend, register for FREE here!
This program is part of the CultureFest! series at the Penn Museum, presented in partnership with Send Chinatown Love. See all the virtual events at http://bit.ly/1-culturefest-Jan.
Penn Benjamins is a peer counseling service for Penn undergraduates. Peer counselors, or "Bens," are trained using a CAPS-clinician-certified set of modules, preparing them to listen to students and refer them to campus resources, if necessary. Virtual Peer Counseling for the Spring 2021 semester has begun! Our peer counseling is completely confidential and free. You can come to vent, chat, chill, play a video game, or all of the above! It is a safe space for everyone, so come join us,
Sundays-Thursdays from 8-11 PM EST!
For more information or to apply to become a peer counselor, click HERE
New Changes to Mailing Addresses
To receive mail or parcels at your College House or Sansom Place address, please be sure to use the proper mailing address in the format provided below. The U.S. Postal Service recommends this format as it is most easily read by their sorting machines and residential staff who handle mail and packages on campus.
Please note that these are mailing addresses only. Living addresses can be found in Our Residences on each College House detail page.
Lauder College House
4-Letter Building Code – 4 -Digit Room #
3333 WALNUT ST
PHILADELPHIA PA 19104-6193
3333 WALNUT ST
PHILADELPHIA PA 19104-6193
Explore University Resources Virtually with Hub@Penn
Hub@Penn is a tool to help Penn students find and connect with university support resources. Through Hub@Penn’s easy-to-use platform, you can find information about financial wellness, academic support, healthcare, career and fellowship applications, and much more.
Created by the Penn Labs student club, Hub@Penn helps student get the full Penn experience, regardless of where they may be physically located.
Semester Refresher from SDS
- Our office hours are Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST
- Semester Requests should be submitted each semester in order for your professor(s) to receive an official document notifying them of your accommodation needs.
- Exam Accommodation Requests should be submitted 7 days (to the hour) prior to your exam date. If you have questions about exam accommodation requests, please email email@example.com
- In addition to submitting an exam accommodation request, SDS recommends that students communicate with their professor(s) to verify that their accommodation(s) will be implemented accurately during their quiz and/or in-class exam.
Penn's Declassified Sex Survival Guide
Penn’s Declassified Sex Survival Guide
Topic: Sexual Health
Length: 7-weeks (1 welcome email and 6 lessons)
Registration closes: February 8th
Registration link: bit.ly/2Y1OzMI OR https://upenn.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3qmeNUchJNxaiCG
What? This program is an e-mail delivered, self-paced, sexual health education program! It was created by Campus Health, reviewed by Penn students and staff, and piloted in Spring 2020. Data from our pilot cohort found statistically significant improvements in sexual health knowledge and in positive attitudes toward safer sex! Every Wednesday starting February 10th and ending March 31st, you will receive an e-mail with a PDF, sexual health lesson. Lessons will have information on a variety of sexuality-related topics, including communication, healthy relationships, protection, and sexual health care.
Why? It is normal to encounter thoughts and questions about sex, sexual health is vast and complex, and finding reliable information can be challenging. Filling the gaps in sexual health knowledge and encouraging healthy sexual habits improves overall health and wellness and can support some of the burning sex-related questions you may have. Plus the program will offer several sexual health resources and a checklist of actions you can take to improve your sexual wellness!
When? Registration is open now until February 8th, the welcome email will be sent February 10th and the first lesson goes out February 17th! Sign up by clicking here
Who? YOU and any other student who is interested in joining!
Topic: Sleep Hygiene
Registration closes: February 4th
Registration link: bit.ly/39PBw6z OR https://upenn.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5hDNscSpjtnV0YS
What? Refresh is an evidence-based 7-week cognitive behavioral self-help program that originated at Stanford University and was implemented at several universities (University of Chicago, Dartmouth, and University of Iowa) over the past few years. Results have consistently shown a decrease in depressive symptoms and improvements in sleep quality. Campus Health’s Refresh program has helped over 2000 Penn students improve their sleep quality!
The program itself is offered via a weekly email, which contains information about sleep practices and a 30-second daily sleep diary so participants can note sleep patterns. If you are struggling with sleep or have an interest in improving your overall sleep quality, click here to register. Registration ends February 4th!
Why? Sleep is important. Refresh is an evidenced based educational program with published results of decreased depressive symptoms and improvements in sleep quality.
When? Registration is now open, SIGN UP HERE.
Who? YOU. We are offering this intervention to students, faculty, AND staff!
Tutoring Services offers Penn undergraduate students free, accessible, and convenient options to supplement their academic experience. Tutoring is available in a variety of formats. Please visit the Tutoring Services website for additional information. Weekly Tutoring: If you are planning to request a tutor for the spring semester you can begin submitting requests on Saturday, January 23. If you have never used tutoring services, schedules will be available to book on Wednesday, January 20, for appointments beginning on Monday, January 25th. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Spice Collective, Asian & Asian American Woman and Non-Binary Centered Dialogue Space - Spring 2021 Cohort Applications
Spice Collective is a woman and non-binary centered dialogue and organizing group for AAPI people. We strive to create a space and community where our members are empowered to explore the various intersections of their identities. The interest form for our Spring 2021 Cohort is open at bit.ly/spicecollective2021 and closes on January 31!
If you have any questions or comments please contact Leah Wang (email@example.com), Mira Shetty (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Sam Pancoe (email@example.com)
Spring Virtual Group Exercise Membership is LIVE! Classes Start 1/20!
We are excited to announce our new Virtual Group Exercise schedule running from 1/20-5/11! Virtual Group Exercise Memberships are going to remain FREE for this semester. Sign-up for your membership online now HERE!
NEW Registration Process for classes: All Virtual Group Exercise Members will register for classes on our online portal HERE. You must register for each class individually. Please see our FAQs page HERE for detailed steps to follow our registration process and more.
For the most up-to-date group exercise information, including cancellations and adjustments, please visit our website HERE!
The Wellness at Penn and @PennPubHealth teams have created new social media channels that will be the central source of #COVID19 information for the @Penn community. Please follow @COVIDPenn on both Instagram & Twitter for the latest guidance & public health information from Penn.
Mail and Package Updates
We are excited to announce that Canon Solutions America will begin utilizing automated lockers to distribute packages starting Monday, October 19. Please note that letter mail will still be held and retrieved from your designated Mail and Package Center. Below is some information on the new package locker system.
- Package Notifications
- Once Canon has received and distributed your package you will receive an email which includes the locker location and barcode that you will need to pick up your package.
- Access to Package Lockers
- You will be assigned to a specific package locker location based on the building where you live.
- If you live in a building that doesn’t have package lockers than your packages will be available for pick up at the nearest building that does. You will be able to access this building from 8AM – 9PM daily to retrieve your package.
- Package Locker Locations
- English House: Next to the Dining Hall entrance [currently closed]
- Harrison: Basement Lounge
- Harnwell: Basement Lounge
- Hill: Atrium [currently closed]
- Quadrangle: McClelland Room 134 [currently closed]
- Rodin: Basement Lounge
- Sansom Place East: Lobby
- Instructions for Using the Package Lockers
- Each package locker location will have an instructional card with directions on how to operate the lockers.
- To use the lockers, you will scan the barcode that was sent to you in your package notification email at display monitor at your specified package locker location and the locker door containing your package will pop open. Once you have retrieved your package you will need to be sure to close the locker door so that it is ready to be reloaded for the next resident.
- If you need assistance operating your locker you may visit your Mail and Package Center and ask a Canon representative for help.
- Types of Packages:
- The package lockers can accommodate shipping envelopes and small to medium sized boxes.
- Large boxes and oversized items will not fit into the package lockers and you will need to pick them up from your Mail and Package Center, located in Harnwell and Hill.
- Your package notification email will tell you which location to go to pick-up your package(s).
More information about mail and packages can be found on our website.